We would like to welcome all our students back to Cornamaddy Community N.S. for the new school year 2023/24.
We extend a particular welcome to our new Junior Infants and boys and girls and new students who have joined us in other classes. So far today, it appears everyone is settling in well.
We look forward to working with you throughout the year to ensure a happy and productive year for everyone.
Our new patron, Longford Westmeath Education Training Board, will arrange a Parents/Guardians information evening in the coming weeks to introduce our new ethos. Our day-to-day focus continues to be to provide high standards in Education.
I'd like you to please note the following:
1. Full attendance for the school year and the full school day is hugely important for children to reach their full potential. We encourage you to make every effort to support us by ensuring your children attend school every day for the full day unless they are sick or need to attend clinics or for other urgent reasons.
Please complete a note in the back of the homework Journal or (for Infants Classes) write a note and put it in the homework pack to explain each absence.
2. The children have all received new free books and copies for the coming year. We ask that you encourage children to mind them and take good care of these books.
3. We are currently making arrangements for the free lunch scheme.
4. Please continue to use the buzzer at the front door and wait till a member of staff can deal with your request or query.
5. Please continue to make appointments with teachers through the office.
6. You can contact us at any time by phone or email, or through our Home School Community Liaison Officer, Doron Harte, on 083 074 7168.
7. Our Online Payment System will reopen on Friday 1st September.
As before, this will be available through the school website www.cornamaddy.org. We ask you to pay online if at all possible.
Your online payment is automatically credited to our systems, linked to your child(ren) through your email address.
Payments due at this time are:
a. Art& Craft €30
b. Pupil 24 Hour Insurance: €6.80 online, or €7 if paying in cash.
We thank you for your support and wish all our families a very successful year.
Carmel Garvey and Staff